I am happy to introduce the inaugural edition of De Philosophia, the philosophy graduate journal of the University of Ottawa. I want to extend my congratulations to the authors in the present volume and a thank you for choosing to publish with us. I also want to offer my deepest gratitude to the editorial team. They sacrificed their time and effort and hard work to produce the volume seen below.
-Alessandro Fiorello, Editor-in-Chief
Table of Contents
- “Defending ‘Compound Primacy” In Aristotle by Jacob Fehr
- “Spinoza’s Strict Necessitarianism: Contingency And Finite Modes” by Spencer Gravelle
- “Perfect Freedom In The Good Place And St. Thomas’ Commentary On The Gospel Of John” by Rashad Rehman
- “Strength And Superiority The Theme Of Strength In The Querelle Des Femmes” by Eric Wilkinson
- “The Matrixial, A Philosophical Category” by Arantzazu Saratxaga